1) Travel, transport, food and accommodation expenses incurred during work missions and transfer assignments are refundable, submitting the reimbursement request with supporting documents.
2) The following incidental expenses, directly connected to the performance of the work mission, will be reimbursed on presentation of the receipt or appropriate supporting documents: consular visas, tourist taxes, compulsory vaccinations and medication for prophylaxis, compulsory tips, left luggage services, admission to museums and exhibitions related to the purpose of the work mission or transfer assignment, car-parking fees, photocopies, prints, posters, lecture notes, pamphlets related to the work mission, cost of internet connectionfor work-related purposes, compulsory surcharges, seat reservations, airline ticket reservations, cancellation insurance, excess baggage, only against presentation of documents proving that it is for service-related reasons, hotel garage.
3) The maximum refundable expenses for work missions are reported in the following table:
| ||Meals(Maximum daily)||Accomodation||Transport|
|Up to 8 h||€ 40,00||-||Air fare:Economy classTrain fare:all class exceptexecutive or similar|
|More than 8 h||€ 80,00||€ 250,00|
Travel expenses are the costs incurred to travel to and from the location of the work mission.
4) Ordinary means of transport include: train, other regular public transport services (aeroplane, ship, motor vehicles, etc), vehicle owned by the PoliTo, urban taxi services (to and from the airport of the place of departure and to and from the airport of the place of the work mission, and for travel at the place where the work mission activities are carried out), hired chauffeured car, urban and suburban public transport.
5) Extraordinary means of transport include: hired driverless vehicles, vehicles owned by the claimant, other means of transport not referred in the ordinary. The use of extraordinary means of transport, in connection with work missions in Italy or abroad, must always be authorised beforehand and is only allowed in the following cases, which must be duly substantiated:
- when there is no train or other ordinary public transport service to the work mission location;
- when there is the need to reach the work mission location or return to the usual place of work quickly due to particular service requirements or declared institutional reasons;
- when there is the need to transport fragile and/or bulky material or equipment necessary for the performance of the work mission;
- when there is a public transport strike;
- when public transport timetables do not coincide with the needs of the activities to be carried out.
6) The whole regulations for work missions are available at the following link:http://dottorato.polito.it/en/legislation