In order to take final examination, students shall comply with requirements concerning training and research activities and obtain positive evaluation of their thesis from Academic Board.
In order to take part to final examination, students are required to:
- Enrol on line;
- Pay 92,76 € to cover expenses related to stamp duty and issuance of diploma;
- Fill in the evaluation questionnaire about their experience as a PhD student, which can be found in the personal page of Teaching Portal.
The procedure for final examination is detailed in these slides and in this document.
Examination Boards shall be appointed by Rectoral Decree. Name and contacts of Board members will be available online in "cruscotto". The supervisor updates the final examination calendar with the date and place of examination indicated by the Board.
The modalities and timetable of examination established by the Board shall not be disregarded.
For members with the right to vote belonging to the Board and coming from outside Turin a
mission expenses reimbursement is provided, according to the Politecnico di Torino Regulation.
request shall be sent to the Doctoral School.
A common layout for the thesis
has been drafted both in Word
and in Latex
You should upload your thesis using a PDF/A
order to preserve it correctly.
The CLA language experts are available to help PhD candidates to identify their areas of difficulty when writing their thesis in English. The aim is to help authors improve their academic writing skills. It is not a proofreading service. The service is available by appointment, for a 30-minute session. To book a consultation, write to email@example.com
, stating your availability. Please come to the appointment with a clear idea of which section of your thesis you would like to work on and bring a printed copy of this area, leaving enough space for notes.
Conditionally to the successful passing of final examination, PhD students will be required to upload a copy of the thesis in University repository through the following procedure
- Do the login as a teacher (student number starting with D)
- Select MyPoli
- Select "La mia ricerca"
- Select "Documentazione IRIS e tutorial" for online instructions or "Accesso al catalogo della ricerca" for uploading documents
- At the end of the loading of the thesis of IRIS return to the main page of IRIS, search your document, click on the file name and send to Scudo the summary page of the loaded document containing Thesis title, Name, Abstract, Department.
The Thesis will be then made available online with open access on the institutional archive IRIS
The official graduation ceremony for 30th cycle will take place on 7th November 2018 in Aula Magna
at Politecnico di Torino. After the ceremony, the diploma shall be collected directly at Doctoral School or shipped
. Regarding the collection of diploma obtained in 1987-1998, it is required to contact MIUR